Encouragement & Conviction From the Other Side of the World

I am so quick to give instruction.  I think I know a lot.  I like to sound smart.  And I like having a plan.

But...

Mark 10:15 says, "Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

And

In Matthew 17, Jesus' disciples ask him, "Why couldn't we drive it out?"  (referring to a demon-possessed child)

Jesus' response was simple.  "Because you have so little faith.  Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you."

Having all the answers doesn't always work.  In this job hunt I can think I am awesome all day long, but that doesn't get me a job.  Prayer, connecting with Jesus, and trusting him for a job has got to be a HUGE part of the equation.

I was convicted of my simple faith this morning.  I was reading my friend's blog.  She is a teacher in Ghana.  She is awesome and so faithful to the Lord's call on her life.

Here's a link to her blog:
   http://taylerinafrica.blogspot.com/2011/04/mountains-that-move.html

Intellectually, I say I trust that the Lord has the best plan in place for me.  I have a plan too.  I think my plan is pretty sweet.  The Lord has a way of surprising us though.  Imagine if I trusted his plan and let him be the guide.

That would be beyond sweet.  And that is a reminder I needed today.

Comments

Popular Posts